Wednesday, May 4, 2011

remembering the past and being thankful for the future


Last Wednesday (April 27) was the 6th year anniversary of losing my Dad. In some ways it seems like so long ago and then in some ways it seems like there is no way it could already be six years. The older I get the more I realize what an amazing father God gave me. Growing up I always knew I was loved, cherished, enjoyed, and heard. I believe that our relationship with our fathers has a very big role in the way we view God. Do we see him as someone who cares, loves, and is present in our lives, or do we see him as someone who is distant and preoccupied with other things? My father (Ricky Dean :) Wilson) did an awesome job at reflecting God's love in my life and for that I am so thankful.
My Dad died on April 27th and his funeral was on April 29th. I remember that day probably more vividly than the day he died. All the people coming and going, all the funeral planning being finished, there was just an erie finality to it all. Something that I think is really amazing is that the same day April 29th, 20 years before my Dad's funeral, Ryan was born. I know many people would say this is coincidence, but I see it as a special gift from God. He knows all dates and plans and I think this is a beautiful picture and gift of how he knows everything and loves us. On the same (calendar) day that the most important man in my life up to that point was buried, the future most important man in my life was born. I think that is really special and awesome!

Here are a few pictures from our week long celebration of Ryan's birth!!


Ryan and Haidar. Haidar's bday was April 24th so we had a joint celebration for both of them with friends. We ate lots of taco salad, biryani(thanks Haidar) and 2 cakes!!










The lighting is kinda weird in this one. This is Ryan, me, Boston, and Jordan on the day bf Ryan's bday. We were in Texas, so Ryan(of course) chose Mexican food! We also had yummy red velvet cupcakes(thanks Mr. Youngblood!)








This is on Ryan's real birthday! We were at a rehearsal dinner so we celebrated Autumn and Steven Horne and Ryan :)










Happy Birthday, my love! You are more than I ever dreamed of :)

3 comments:

  1. It is so inspiring and reflective of Christ to see the love yall have for each other! Can't wait to hang with yall in a few weeks.
    I had to some tears back on the part about important men going and coming on the same (calendar) day.
    One Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your posts. Love reading about your dad and his impact on your life and so many others. So thankful I got to meet him! And so thankful for Ryan too and the friendship I now have with both of y'all! Love you! -jessica h.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post, Kristin. :) I had to share two things with you.
    1. I definitely had a Big Red in honor of Mr. Wilson...and EVERY time I drink one, I think of him. :)
    2. The date I found out I was pregnant with our first baby was May 12th, which happened to be Mother's Day in 2007. As you know, I had a miscarriage, which was devastating. Jack was born 1 year later on May 12, 2008. It was several months later that I put two and two together. I agree with you-God puts those little blessings into our lives. Probably wondered how long it would take me to figure that one out!

    ReplyDelete